Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is MBA Program at RNSIT recognised by AICTE/UGC/University?
2. Details about MBA Program at RNSIT?
The Department of MBA
was established in the year 2004, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological
University (VTU), recognized by the Government of Karnataka and approved by
AICTE, New Delhi.
3. Admission Criteria ?
• The MBA course shall be of two years’ duration, extended over four semesters.
• The candidates shall be allowed a maximum of four years (8 semesters) of duration to be eligible for the award of MBA degree, failing which he / she shall have to register once again as a fresh candidate.
• The syllabus is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), recognized by the Government of Karnataka and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
• The course consists of 24 subjects covers both core & specialization and all the candidates shall undertake an Internship (Project Work) of ten weeks’ duration at the end of the third semester but before the commencement of the fourth semester.
• The Internship should have industry orientation and the work should be certified by the concerned organization where the student has undertaken the Internship.
4. Intake of Students.
Any graduate from a recognized university in India (recognized by the association of Indian University(AIU), or a foreign university considered equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% of aggregate marks for SC/ST and category 1)in the qualifying examination is eligible to apply for the admission. (50%) will be filled by the government of Karnataka based on the PGCET examinations conducted by central post graduate admission committee (CPAC). As per the government of Karnataka notification the balance (50%) are deemed as management seats and will be filled based on the inter alia merit of the scores obtained in the management aptitude test (MAT) conducted by IMA, KMAT of Karnataka, CMAT of AICTE amd other competent authorities as per AICTE and VTU.
5. What is the placement status in terms of options & pay packages?
The total intake of students for the first year is 180.
6. What is the parents’ role & responsibility in the Admission Process?
The Institute has a record of 100% placement assistance for the last 10 years. The placement policy provides every student to get 2 placement offers. Some students get even more options. More than 60 companies visit the campus. The pay package ranges from Rs. 2.5/- lakhs p.a to Rs. 6.5/- lakhs p.a. Placements are by & large within the country.
7. Whether hostel facilities are available?
It is not mandatory for parents’ to participate in the admission process.
If they desire to accompany their ward they are most welcome. They can verify the facilities available & accessible to facilitate their decision on admission.
Parent / Guardian will have to endorse the compliance declaration of the students with regard to following the rules & norms of the Institute.
8. Training facilities in MBA Program, RNSIT.
Yes, separate hostel for Male & Female students are available. PG facility is also available around the campus.
• Pre-placement training for PG students (MBA) in needed skills, leadership and managerial skills.
• Conduct of seminars on Personality Development and on Higher Educational Prospects on regular basis, by inviting eminent consultants from reputed agencies.
• Peagusus, an external bound training for students, for improving on their management and leadership skills.